The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is one of the largest Banking Organisations which is responsible for conducting recruitments for the various Public Sector Banks in India, except SBI.
There are three major exams which are conducted by IBPS, these include:
- IBPS PO (Probationary Officer)
- IBPS SO (Specialist Officer)
- IBPS RRB (Regional Rural Bank – Officer Scale I, II & III and Officer Assistants)
- IBPS Clerk
The exams for all the four posts are annually conducted and lakhs of candidates turn out to appear for these examinations every year. So, for candidates aspiring to join the banking sector at any of the above-mentioned posts, we have discussed the detailed exam schedule further below in this article.
The IBPS recruitment for the year 2019 was completed on May 20, 2020 with the release of Provisionally shortlisted candidates for all the posts under IBPS and the final declaration of result. Candidates willing to know more about the previous year result and cut off marks can visit the IBPS Result page for all the relevant information.
IBPS Exam Dates 2020
The conducting body releases an official calendar with the tentative schedule for the PO, SO, Clerk and RRB exams, when the exam dates for the different stages of the exam are mentioned and the recruitment starts accordingly.
The table given below gives the important exam dates for IBPS exams 2020 for the post of PO, SO and Clerk:
|IBPS PO, SO & Clerk Exam Dates 2020|
|Probationary Officer||Specialist Officer||Clerk|
October 3, 2020
October 4, 2020
October 10, 2020
December 26, 2020
December 27, 2020
December 12, 2020
December 13, 2020
December 19, 2020
|Mains Exam||November 28, 2020||January 30, 2021||January 24, 2021|
The official notification for the Regional Rural Bank recruitment has already been released on June 30, 2020 and given below is the schedule for IBPS RRB Officer Scale I, II and III and Officer Assistants (Multipurpose) exam:
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale I, II & III and IBPS RRB Office Assistant|
Officer Scale I and Office Assistants :
September/ October 2020
Officers Scale II & III:
October/ November 2020
Officer Scale I & Office Assistants:
October/ November 2020
For the detailed schedule and calendar, aspirants can visit the IBPS Exam Date 2020 page.
IBPS Exams 2020 – Important Points To Remember
Given below are a few important points which a candidate must remember regarding the upcoming IBPS exams:
- Before filling the application form, candidates must carefully go through the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the official notification. The age limit, educational qualification and selection process is slightly different for each post
- Do go through the information regarding the Probation period and Guarantee Bond before applying for the exam
- Check for the exam dates and ensure that they do not clash with any other competitive exam date
- The final IBPS result is based on the marks scored in Mains and Interview combined together. However, few IBPS exams do not have an Interview phase, in such cases, the final merit is based on the marks scored in the Mains examination
It must also be noted that the exam dates mentioned in the Official Calendar are only tentative and the conducting body reserves the right to change them at any point during the recruitment process.
The information given above shall surely help candidates strategise their study plan for the upcoming IBPS recruitment.